DESCENT | DOWN HILL
Downhill at high speed on a tour with difficulties and obstacles like logs, rocks, jumps, etc. You can go down paths of all levels. And if you master this mode, you can also access the official circuits of the World Cup Mountain Bike.
FOUR CROSS (4X)
This is the most aggressive discipline in Mountain Bike. It is similar to the down hill but here you will go down in teams of four simultaneous runners. The track has fewer obstacles than downhill but it also has ramps, sharp curves and zigzag paths. The tour 4X Vallnord Bike Park was designed by the expert Andorran rider Cédric Garcia and it was, years ago, the official circuit of the World Cup Mountain Bike. You will find this technical area next to the chairlift of La Carbonera.
The WoodPark is a circuit for all levels featuring wooden obstacles such as jumps, footbridges, prealtes, potholes ...
ROOKIES & CHILDREN'S AREA
In this Bike Park you will also find circuits for beginners and for people of any age and level of MTB. In the children's area, for example, you can enjoy cycling with your family. And you can also find the Mini WoodPark, an area with wooden obstacles but especial for children from 6 to 10 years.
Tracks and circuits
Circuit Commençal. This track is the newest in the domain since it opened last year. It has a blue area from La Caubella to Escàs and, in the recent months, it has been extended with a green section of 6,5 km from Cubil to Caubella.
Pump Track modular. This track is made up of modules and located in La Caubella, perfect for all ages and levels. In this circuit you will gain confidence by pilot exercises and balance before descending. After this test, you will be ready to go out into open circuit.
New circuit XC World Cup. Last year the World Championships of cross-contry were held on this circuit an now any user can descend it. The track has a high technical level (black) and a length of 6 km to la Caubella.
Route 66: This year, this track becomes a pedestrian path that starts in La Caubella and ends in La Massana.
CODE OF LIABILITY FOR CYCLISTS
- Control your bike at all times.
- Do not stand at descending sites or poor visibility locations.
- When you access a cross circuit, check that no other rider is cycling.
- Respect the signs and marked areas of the Bike Park.
- If you think that you may have difficulty getting on the chairlift, tell the cabin staff.
- If you witness an accident or detect any irregularities in the circuits, call 00376 878 078.
- Respect the natural environment of the Massana Vallnord Bike Park (and any other).
VALLNORD BIKE PARK CHECKLIST
- Make sure your helmet is in perfect condition and adjust it correctly.
- Check that everything is OK on your bike.
- Check your brake pads.
- Check the tire pressure and that they are sealed.
- Check the different fixings: handlebar grips, power, saddle and seat post.